Only streamer headings or base lines of very large type can be run across the gutter of a double page spread. Type and product shots should always clear the spine and should never be split. Minimum clearance is 7.5mm either side of the spine. This space is optically lost in the spine of the magazine and must therefore be in addition to any word or letter space already present. It is recommended that any critical crossovers be double imaged across the gutter.
Double image allowance is 3mm from each side of centre, inclusive within the trim area. For example, the spread will carry a 6mm common image through the centre of the spread.
• Register and trim marks must appear on all ads
• A minimum of 10mm on each edge is required on all bleed advertisements
• Correct grey balance must be built into the separations
• All reverse lettering is to be no less than 10pt type or made up from more than two colours
• Small type with fine serifs should be avoided
• Very small type, fine lines and small design elements must be reproduced in one colour only to avoid the hazards of poor registration
• It is recommended that where colours are to ‘butt' up against one another, that the dominant colour be enlarged (or reverse choked) to create a slight overlap of the two colours that connect. This will help minimise the effect of print misregister
• Where solid backgrounds are to be created together with reverse type, a cutback 40-50 per cent stipple of cyan is recommended to reinforce the solid black print
• Screen ruling 150 lines per inch
• The maximum total ink coverage should be 290 per cent with a black limit of 60 per cent
3DAP Colour Proofs
• 3DAP Colour proofs (at actual size) must accompany all ads
• Each proof should contain control elements including solid density, halftone and microline patches
• All proofing profiles should allow for a percentage of dot gain. Cover Sec - allow for a 15 per cent dot gain, Text Sec - allow for a 25 per cent dot gain
• Tearsheets and colour laser proofs are not acceptable proofs (if directed to use, they are a basic, rough guide only)
• Colour proofs to be sent to
ROSIE DIMOPOULOS at Pacific+ (see contact details)
Pacific+ will only accept digital files supplied via Quickcut using Quickprint version 3.1.1 or higher. For more information about Quickcut, contact them on (02) 9949 0500, or visit their website: www.quickcut.com.au
If you do not have Quickcut, try www.digitalads.com.au which has a web-based intermediary service that gets your ad to us via Quickcut without you needing to install Quickcut yourself.
Pacific+ will not be held responsible for any non-bleeding elements trimming off the page if the specifications do not comply with the live area as specified above.